Tuesday, October 12, 2010
So I was reading my monthly Marie Claire and in this month's magazine is an article named "Just Can't Get Enough, Can Women really be addicted to sex?". I read the entire article word for word. One of the experts compared it to a heroin addiction, chasing after a high and bingeing on our own hormones. WOW....I don't know what to say about that!
Am I an addict? Huh, I don't think so! Let's just figure this out one step at a time.
1. I have sex because I enjoy sex.
2. I have sex because it makes me feel good.
3. I have sex to fulfill an urge I have for it.
4. I have sex because I want to.
5. I have sex because I choose to.
6. Sex doesn't make me feel bad after!
1. Take drugs because they enjoy them
2. Take drugs because they make them feel good.
3. Take drugs to fulfill an urge they have.
4. Take drugs because they want to.
5. Take drugs because they choose to.
6. Taking drugs makes them feel bad after!
So one out of twelve makes it a hung jury! Right?
No I'm not a sex addict. I don't put myself in jeopardy looking for sex. I don't have sex with random strangers, I'm not addicted to porn, I don't masturbate obsessively, I don't have a collection of toys. So No I'm not categorizing myself as a sex addict. I'm just a woman who knows what she wants and likes and enjoys sex!